Top Social

Cauliflower- The (Attempted) Revival

Wednesday 27 January 2016
The humble Cauliflower, known mainly for it's blandness, acidic smell and needing two whole packs of Cheddar to make it taste any good. At least, that's what I thought. But upon finding this recipe for cauliflower buffalo wings I was prepared to be converted. With the promise of crunchy, spicy florets similar in texture to tangy BBQ chicken wings, I was intrigued.


At 79p (Lidl), Cauliflower is an absolute bargain as Chicken wings in comparison- cost £2.40 for a basic pack. Packed full of vitamin C and potassium, i'd say it's worth experimenting with.

So with these 'wings' you do a first bake in batter and then a second bake in hot sauce. The result should be crisp and sticky but mine ended up quite soggy... Whether my batter needed to be thicker or oven temperature higher, I'm not too sure. They did have a weirdly meaty texture and if you are a fan of sweet and sour dishes, these would be right up your street. I'm planning on chopping the leftovers to fry up with some rice and other veggies, so hopefully my next attempt will work better!

Hot for Food have tons of vegan recipes on their blog, I've tried many of them and they've been successful so definitely check them out. They definitely have better presentation skills than I do! Well, this didn't go to plan, but I'll definitely be testing more creative ways of eating veggies soon.
Post Comment
Post a Comment