Top Social

Moisture from MUJI

Tuesday 19 January 2016

The cold weather has wrecked havoc with my skin, my richest moisturiser and creamy cleansers just haven't been cutting it. I decided in early January to test out some new products and luckily was sent a few bits from my mum along with some books- she is by far my favourite human!

I have always loved the simple packaging of MUJI products and fell in love as soon as I discovered they had brought out a new skincare range. The two products I received were 'essences' something which I had never heard of before, but are apparently well known in Korean skincare. If you are interested in doing some research, I found this article very helpful: http://sokoglam.com/blogs/news/11782665-skincare-101-essence-the-essential-step-in-skincare

The sensitive skin essence contains natural moisturising ingredients including grapefruit seed extracts and hyaluronic acid. According to Caroline Hirons (I.e. The queen of Skincare) 'Hyaluronic Acid is capable of absorbing up to 1000 times its weight in water. Basically it acts like a magnet to anything you put on top of it'.' With this in mind, I've been applying the essence as a serum beneath my moisturiser in the morning to lock it in when I leave and brace the wind! This also contains chamomile and rose which has helped with the soreness and redness I suffer from as a result of hormonal breakouts and maybe too many Percy Pigs...

In the evening I have been using the more intensely moisturising 'All in one essence'. With jojoba seed oil, olive oil and other fruit extracts aimed at creating a protective barrier to reduce water loss. This is slightly thicker than the sensitive version so I like using it as a night mask after. Both have helped combat tightness, dehydration and flaky skin, so I am a complete convert to this additional step in my skincare routine!

Both have a water based, gel-like consistency so perfect for oily skin that is suffering in the winter months. I will definitely be repurchasing the larger sizes as they are super affordable at £10-£15! I'm also finding myself tempted by the Cleansing gel cream and Moisturising milk.
Post Comment
Post a Comment