Top Social

What I Eat In A Week

Sunday 10 January 2016
I love reading foodie posts so I thought I'd try one out with what I eat in an average week. I aim for four sessions of HIIT training in a week on carb-heavy days. This was my first week back at uni so do excuse the lack of exciting meals, it takes me a while to create some kind of routine.

Monday:


I'd gone to do the weekly shop and other errands so didn't end up eating until after midday! I had half a packet of Spinach Ravioli with a tablespoon of red pesto and a large portion of lettuce leaves/cherry tomatoes. I also added some roasted garlic mayonnaise for a quick dressing. I later made a pizza using a tortilla wrap with mushrooms, green chilli, garlic, tomatoes and some sweet potato fries. I also had a large glass of orange juice between these meals but didn't take a picture!

Tuesday:


For breakfast on Tuesday I tested my new blender out for the first time, resulting in a green sludge which needed work... It was made with ginger, apple and spinach which I had alongside some toasted rye bread and peanut butter. Then after a three hour walk I went to the Union with my friend Megan and had a (super cheesy) tuna baguette which was a godsend since we were cold from the rain! For dinner I made a spicy sweet potato soup which was delicious so I will definitely post the recipe soon.

Wednesday: 



This breakfast was pretty simple, I just finished off the last of a bag of granola. It was a dried strawberry and sunflower seed one which I had with some almond milk. For lunch I experimented on a 'Reuben sandwich', replacing the beef (pastrami?) with smoked salmon and pairing it with spinach, cheese and sauerkraut. For dinner I poached some cod fillets in a tomato sauce and mixed that in with some tagliatelle, a hearty and quick meal. 

Thursday: 


This breakfast is hands down one of my favourites, thickly sliced rye bread with avocado, smoked salmon and loads of chilli flakes. Lunch was a creamy pasta dish with mushrooms and a loooooot of garlic. On this evening I went to food tasting, where we are paid to judge different products. This session included some marinated salmon, various sauces and some puddings. 

Friday:


The same breakfast again but paired with a pre-workout smoothie (banana and spinach). I'll never get bored of the avo combo! For lunch I grabbed food while out with friends, which ended up being really awful as my fish was too dry-meh. By evening, hormones were running wild so I caved in and had half a veggie pizza, all the carbs! 

Saturday: 


So Saturday started with leftover pizza and a whole carton of chocolate milk, you can tell it was the time of the month aha! At around 3pm I then had a banana and spinach smoothie before ending the day with a huge baked sweet potato and salad. I also had lots of ginger tea in the evening which I completely forgot to take pictures of. 

I usually spend my Sundays working with whatever leftovers I have and writing meal plans for the following week, something I find strangely relaxing. I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments what your go-to meals are! 


Post Comment
Post a Comment