Top Social

Empty Products

Tuesday 23 February 2016

I finished up some face products this month, annoyingly all at the same time! I plan on making a trip to boots soon so would love some recommendations! 

First up is Origins Ginzing moisturiser, perfect for oily skin as its a non-clogging jelly formula. It was super hydrating and cooling with a delicious orange scent. It has done wonders to my sleep deprived student skin, giving a wide awake glow! I think it was around £24 and lasted a long time. 

I also finished this face wash from Nivea, which I didn't like much as it was a gloopy gel that was far to sticky. It's also very stripping which is not ideal for dry winter skin. There are other budget face washes out there that are much better than this one.

I finished the First Aid Beauty facial radiance pads which are great for those who are new to using acids for exfoliating as they are very gentle. You swipe these across your face after cleansing before popping some moisturiser on. These helped reduce redness and size of any breakouts I had, stopped it from being dry and flaky. You can get these for £20 from Feel Unique.


For hair, I finished up this conditioner from a set I'd been gifted before starting Uni. The L'occitane repairing range is made up of essential oils including sweet orange and geranium. With sweet almond oil to smooth and soften hair fibres, I had high expectations but it didn't actually moisturise my hair that much. This really smoothed my thick hair, but weighed it down a bit too much for regular use. I loved the smell but the full size is £27 and since I didn't love it, I won't be repurchasing for such a high price tag!

Another conditioner I finished up was the American Dream from Lush. This was quite a runny formula, which smelt of vanilla and strawberries. The sweet scent stayed in my hair for a really long time but it didn't do much for hydrating my hair which is a shame. Since better alternatives are available for a lot cheaper, I'm not planning on repurchasing.


The final two products are samples that came with other purchases or gift boxes at Christmas! 

Nuxe's 'huile' is a multi purpose dry oil which I tried this on my legs and as a hair mask. It smelt really nice, very nutty from the plant oils including Macadamia and Almond to repair and soften skin. My favourite thing about it was it was dry and quick to absorb without feeling greasy. The shine this gave my hair was gorgeous. I think this comes in a spray bottle at around £28 so if you want a pre-birthday splurge or to spoil your mum - this is a winner.

The final product is a sample of L'occitane's Shea butter foot cream.Taking the time to pamper and soothe cracked skin has been a nice addition to my winter night time routine. With 15% shea butter and antisceptic lavender oil, the cream was really nourishing and it's scent made me drift off to sleep a lot better.

Post Comment
Post a Comment