Top Social

Cheap Student Decor- The New House!

Monday 29 February 2016
My friends and I recently organised our housing arrangements for second year and I am already so excited. I've always loved change and back home I was forever rearranging furniture in my bedroom. I can't wait to have a living room again, as the halls of residence I'm in at the moment don't have a social area.For this post I thought I'd share some items I've got my eye on for decorating our new house in September. I'll also recommend some highstreet stores for cheaper options so that if any of you are looking to make student accommodation a little more homely, it won't break the bank.

There is an Ikea in Southampton which isn't too far from us so we'll be making a trip later in the year. The first thing I'll be picking up is a few of their potted plants  which are currently £4.50 for three. Cacti are supposedly very easy to keep alive and healthy, so they are perfect for us students who often forget to do the simplest tasks... I think they will look great on the kitchen windowsill or in the bathroom to add some green to the house!

Another must-buy from Ikea is this set of two scented candles with brightly coloured pots. I have always loved Ikea's range of candles so I'm looking forward to trying these mandarin and sea salt scented ones. Since it'll be heading into winter when we move in, it'll be nice to have vibrant and cheerful items to warm us up- and there's nothing more calming than candlelight. These are £3.50 for 2!

H&M home is great for homeware as they have such a big range of more affordable options, alongside some very stylish, more expensive pieces. I can't resist this set of two body towels because, well, I just love bananas! I don't think I've ever seen such an interesting print and it'll be nice to have enough bath things when guests come to stay. These are £6.99 and I've seen that there is a matching shower curtain, so I'll have to persuade my housemates on that one!

The last item I've found is from Ohh Deer, a site which has lots of quirky items. This Jungle print oven glove  is something I must get as I love cooking and have had too many flimsy tea towel related burns to not buy a proper glove. I much prefer this print over the floral, feminine Cath Kidson alternatives and this is only £7.95!

If you are looking to find cushions, blankets or other larger items, I'd recommend visiting TKMaxx and Zara home as their products are great quality and if you hunt around, you'll definitely find some bargains. I'll be updating you later in the year with all the decorating news!

Post Comment
Post a Comment