Top Social

St Tropez, The Budget Alternative

Thursday 2 April 2015

When it comes to self-tanning, I tend to want to match my legs (which have been hidden throughout the winter months), to my arms- which are naturally an olive tone. 

For February through to May I like to have a subtle tan for when our beach walks make me want to wear shorts and run around. When the months continue to grow warmer and holidays approach, I choose a darker formula.

I used to be a huge advocate for the St Tropez build-up lotion which is a whopping £26, but now that I am officially a student I have been seeking cheaper alternatives.

I was recommended the St Moritz range by several friends and although tempted to fall back into my usual lotion routine, I opted for the foam (shade-medium). Which I have found to apply much easier and not need as much blending- for a mere £5! 



I exfoliate my entire body in the shower on a Friday, apply moisturiser and the product using a velvet mitt and it will last to full intensity until the following Friday. It obviously has more of a natural glow if I moisturise daily as it locks in the colour and I'm sure that if you apply the foam more often it could be built to a much darker shade. 
Picture 1) Post shower flushed leg
Picture 2) Four hours post application

As you can see, the result is a golden tan which I find not too be too streaky, shimmery or orange. Big love for this drugstore find :)

Post Comment
Post a Comment