Top Social

Time Of The Month Essentials

Sunday 29 March 2015
I thought I would share a few tips and suggestions to making that time of the month less exhausting *groans*

FOOD IS FUEL
I think it is really important to keep structure during this stressful time, that means having proper meals which give us enough energy to get through the day. This doesn't mean you can't indulge in chocolate- just ensure that you aren't replacing your meals with sugar.


Although, that being said, I'd still encourage you to:

TREAT YOURSELF
It's hard enough dealing with everyday stress, all of which seems magnified during this period (pardon the pun) so it makes sense to chill out and gain a cleaner mindset towards tasks. For the ultimate pamper, I like to have a bath filled with goodies from Lush, along with a hair and face mask. Have a cuppa, read a book, watch YouTube videos or whatever helps you escape reality for a while.

(My current haircare faves)



SPEND TIME WITH FRIENDS
Alone time is important but if you feel a little unmotivated during these days, it can be comforting to be surrounded by friends to cheer you up. Just washing your hair and getting out of the house for some fresh air will really aid in lifting your spirits. If you, like many of us, can't handle company during this time in fear of becoming a mega bitch- dog walks are a good alternative.





EXTRA TIPS
I would suggest being extra organised during this time (always!) to reduce stress, be it through creating to-do lists or setting out clothes the night before school- believe me it'll help minimise the amount of crying over silly things we've forgotten to do.

I know that those women who run during their period make us want to punch something but light stretching or cardio can actually release endorphins which in turn, make us happier. If you are lazy like me then how about try some yoga moves which you don't even need to leave your bed to do! A few are mentioned here: Cramp-Relieving Yoga.

Nothing pleases me more than making a zen atmosphere, deep times I know. light some scented candles or incense and simply reflect on the day so that those essays don't seem so daunting.

Post Comment
Post a Comment