Top Social

Quiet Reflection

Saturday 3 January 2015
One of my new year 'resolutions' (I prefer to call them commitments) is to be more patient, to listen more, to stop interrupting and have a little faith that the earth will continue spinning for long enough for me to get my voice heard. This is something which I find bothersome in others and therefore tend to want to avoid doing myself at all costs.

It is difficult, to be filled to the brim with ideas and thoughts which although prove themselves useful, often burst out as unfiltered nonsense or phrased in such a way that it is interpreted as pompous or belittling- both of which are most definitely not what I intend for my words to come across as. 

'Be the flower that gives its fragrance to even the hand that crushes it.'- Imam Ali

The quote you will see above is one which I try to keep with me at all times. It reminds me that not everyone has had the advantages I have, or experienced events which although may not be the happiest of memories, they do have a large impact on the way I approach life each morning. It is for this reason that upon discussing the act of speech, it is worth mentioning the importance of how we react to the response we are given.

Being mocked for both my achievements and my flaws is something which fuels me to teach, motivate and bring a little more positivity into lives. Lives which may have lacked such guidance, to the point of which they believe it is appropriate to put others down to make themselves feel a little stronger. Such people deserve just as much love as the rest of us, so I am eager to continue sharing my thoughts and advice in 2015- I just need a little guidance in terms of how to go about doing so without rushing out of nervousness or speaking at the wrong moments. 

I apologise for sounding so alike Nick Carraway in this little soliloquy, but I hope that this will reach at least one person, and give them a different perspective or, at best, something to read on the way to work. 

Do let me know if you have any views on these types of posts, or even what your little commitments are for the upcoming year.
 

Post Comment
Post a Comment